Thursday, 19 February 2015

Blog Tour: Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens; Review



Thoughtful (Thoughtless #1.5)
Author: S.C. Stephens
Release Date: 24 February 2015
Publisher: Sphere

It's time for Kellan Kyle, the rockstar who captured our hearts in Thoughtless, to tell his side of the story.
The only place Kellan has ever felt at home is on stage. Gripping his guitar in a darkened bar, he can forget his painful past. These days his life revolves around his music and his band mates, and that's the way he likes it. And then one woman changes everything . . .

Kiera is the kind of girl Kellan has no business wanting - she's smart, sweet, and dating his best friend. Certain he could never be worthy of her love, he hides his growing attraction . . . until Kiera's own tormented heart hints that his feelings might not be one-sided. Now, no matter the consequences, Kellan is sure of one thing: he won't let Kiera go without a fight.

Buy Links:

Review


Where do I even begin? I loved it. It's gut wrenchingly angsty and a complete emotional rollercoaster that leaves you reeling. I can definitely see where all the love for Kellan Kyle comes from now. I went in to reading this relatively blind. I knew about Thoughtless, but I had never quite gotten around to reading it. So when I heard Thoughtful was being released, I figured it was a pretty perfect chance to get to know the series. I'm so beyond keen to read Thoughtless now though, I'd love to read the story from Kiera's perspective and see what was going through her mind.

I'll start with the main man- Kellan Kyle. This guy just broke my heart, over and over. He's so freaking perfect in some ways, and so heart breakingly tortured in others.  Kellan had an awful childhood which left him feeling worthless and still haunts him. Before Kiera and Denny arrive in Seattle, Kellan's life is pretty settled. He has his band, the D-bags, and although his string of sexual encounters are starting to lose their potency he's still a pretty happy guy. He's even happier when Denny, his best friend form his childhood, returns to Seattle and brings his girlfriend with him. Then everything kind of spirals when Kellan and Kiera meet and he realises that she affects him in a way no woman has even come close to.
Kellan doesn't want to hurt Denny so he tries his hardest to just be a friend to Kiera, and all is well....for a while. Kellan just can't resist that pull he feels towards her. He doesn't feel worthy of a girl like Kiera and he thinks that she deserves better, that she deserves Denny. Sure, Kellan makes mistakes and let's face it nothing should have ever happened between Kiera and him when she was with Denny, but he really is such a good man at the same time. He's sensitive, talented, tormented and downright sexy.

Now let's talk about Kiera. I really would love to read things from her perspective in Thoughtless just to see what the hell she was thinking sometimes! Damn, that woman could frustrate me. Frankly, I thought she acted selfishly and callously, using Kellan and hurting him even when she could have let him go. Not to mention the monumental betrayal and pain she would eventually cause Denny. What was the girl thinking?! I did often try and put myself in her shoes and imagine how hard it must have been to be in love with Denny, the only man she has ever been with, but then feel this intense and slightly scary connection with a man who appears to move from woman to woman with no emotional strings. I yelled at her a lot when I was reading this. But if it wasn't for Kiera's thoughtless actions then this story might not have had the same emotional impact it did have.

You might be able to tell from my ramblings that I really did love this book and I just lost myself in the story and Kellan's pain and love. The only reason I didn't give it a full five stars is because quite frankly sometimes my irritation at Kiera overshadowed my general enjoyment of the story. But this book will send you head over heels for one of the most deliciously flawed and beloved book boyfriends in the romance world and will leave you sighing over Kellan Kyle for days to come.

*I received a review copy form the publisher, for my honest opinion. Thank you!

Be sure to follow the blog tour for more Thoughtful reviews!


 photo signature_zpse432d412.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)