Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Blog Tour: Obsession in Death by J.D. Robb; Review



Obsession in Death (In Death #40)
Author: J.D. Robb
Publisher: Piatkus
Release Date: 10 February 2015

There's a thin line between hero worship and dangerous obsession

A crisp winter morning in New York, in a luxury apartment, the body of a woman lies stretched out on a huge bed. On the wall above, the killer has left a message in bold black ink: FOR LIEUTENANT EVE DALLAS, WITH GREAT ADMIRATION AND UNDERSTANDING.

Eve Dallas is used to unwanted attention. Famous for her high-profile cases and her marriage to billionaire businessman Roarke, she has learned to deal with intense public scrutiny and media gossip. But now Eve has become the object of a singular and deadly obsession. She has an 'admirer', who just can't stop thinking about her. Who is convinced they have a special bond. Who is planning to kill for her - again and again.

With time against her, Eve is forced to play a delicate - and dangerous - psychological dance. Because the killer is desperate for something Eve can never provide - approval. And once that becomes clear, Eve knows her own life will be at risk - along with those she cares about the most.


Buy Links:

Review



As a newbie to the In Death series I was a little apprehensive that I would find myself lost in Eve and Roarke's world without a clue what was happening. Fortunately, this isn't the case. Sure, sometimes I was clearly missing some back story, but it never stopped me from understanding anything relevant for the plot and I never felt like I was missing out.

Tough, no-nonsense cop Eve Dallas finds herself confronted with a murder with a personal message for her from an admirer. Eve may be a bit shaken by this latest investigation but she tackles it with dedication, investigating every angle. I really admired Eve's determination and sheer work ethic. I also enjoyed the way the murders make Eve reflect on her own past and how her life has changed. This provides new and old readers alike the chance to gain more insight into Eve's life and how it has shaped the person she is now.
And of course, we see Eve with Roarke. Whilst I'm sure that the beginning of Eve and Roarke's romance was electrifying, it's still more than obvious that these two have a deep and passionate connection. I loved how supportive Roarke was of Eve's work as well.

The mystery that unravels as Eve gets closer to uncovering the identity of the killer is a thrilling one and kept me glued to the pages. There are quite a lot of suspects to try and work through, but the intelligence and preparation of the killer won't protect them for long.

This works very well as a standalone in the series, and gives just enough background to make you understand the characters and their relationships whilst also making you want to go back and read all the previous books!
I thoroughly enjoyed this gripping mystery thriller, with the suspenseful plot making me turn page after page. I'm definitely very tempted to start from the beginning of the In Death series!

*I received a review copy from the publisher, for my honest opinion. Thank you!

About the Author


Nora Roberts is the number one New York Times bestseller of more than 200 novels. She published her first novel using the pseudonym J.D. Robb in 1995, with the In Death series, Robb has become one of the biggest thriller writers on earth, with each new novel reaching number one on bestseller charts over the world. With over 450 million copies of her books in print, she is indisputably one of the most celebrated and popular writers in the world.

Author Links: Website | Facebook

You can also follow the tour at all these other fabulous sites!


 photo signature_zpse432d412.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)