Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Blog Tour: Review of Rival by Penelope Douglas




Rival (Fall Away #2)
Author: Penelope Douglas
Release Date: 26 August 2014

From the New Adult sensation and New York Times bestselling author of Until You

Madoc and Fallon. Two estranged teenagers playing games that push the boundaries between love and war…

She’s back.

For the two years she’s been away at boarding school, there was no word from her. Back when we lived in the same house, she used to cut me down during the day and then leave her door open for me at night.

I was stupid then, but now I’m ready to beat her at her own game…

I’m back.

Two years and I can tell he still wants me, even if he acts like he’s better than me.

But I won’t be scared away. Or pushed down. I’ll call his bluff and fight back. That’s what he wants, right? As long as I keep my guard up, he’ll never know how much he affects me….

Buy Links:

Review



Oh, I loved it. Love, love, loved it! I'm definitely a fan of Penelope Douglas' books and these characters.

I loved Fallon. She's feisty and seems completely fearless. She's so strong, but some of that strength came at a rather terrible price. She definitely has walls erected that she tries to use to keep Madoc out of her heart, but she has a particular weakness for Madoc that means that those walls crumble helplessly around him.
Madoc was also pretty darn amazing. I liked him in Bully and Until You, but I loved him in Rival. We get to see the real Madoc and not just the fun loving guy he presents to the world. He has such a wonderful, mischievous sense of humour which I think suits Fallon to a T and softens her a bit. I loved seeing this other side to him and seeing that he is surprisingly sensitive and haunted by Fallon's sudden disappearance when they were 16.

I adored Madoc and Fallon's love-hate relationship. It's often contentious and filled with tension- mostly sexual tension! At the beginning, upon Fallon's return, there are misunderstandings aplenty and both Madoc and Fallon have different sides of their story. I loved seeing their past slowly revealed from both sides until we get a full understanding of just what happened between them when they were 16. It broke my heart sometimes, and there's plenty of angst to go around in their story.

It was so brilliant to revisit with previous characters in the series as well. Tate and Jared are still as argumentative and passionate as ever. I loved seeing Jax as well, he's certainly grown up a lot. I am very excited to read his book, especially with K.C. as his leading lady! Penelope Douglas definitely has a way of capturing the reader and immersing them in an intense and heartfelt story.

Now....is it January yet? Because I really, really want to read Falling Away!!

*I received a review copy from the publisher, for my honest opinion. Thank you!


Rival by Penelope Douglas is now available as an ebook from Piatkus!


 photo signature_zpse432d412.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)