Thursday, 12 June 2014

Book reviews: Lost in Me and Fall To You by Lexi Ryan



Lost in Me (Here and Now #1)
Author: Lexi Ryan
Release Date: 4 April 2014

Lost in Me is the first book in the Here and Now series, a spin-off of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Hope series. This sexy amnesia love triangle is intended for mature readers.

The last thing I remember is having drinks at Brady’s and trying to avoid eye-contact with my life-long crush—the gorgeous, unattainable Maximilian Hallowell. They tell me that was a year ago, but I have no memories of anything since then. What I do have is this ring on my finger that Max says he gave me, and this much-thinner body I’ve dreamed of most of my life. Aside from a case of retrograde amnesia, everything seems almost...perfect.

But the deeper I immerse myself into this new world of mine—planning a wedding to a man I don't remember dating, attempting to run a business I don't remember starting—the clearer it becomes that nothing is as it seems. Do I have the life I’ve always wanted or is it a facade propped up by secrets I don't even know I have?

I need answers before I marry Max, and the only person who seems to have them is the angry, tatted, sexy-as-sin rocker Nate Crane. And Nate wants me for himself.

Lost in Me is not a standalone novel, as the story continues in Here and Now book two, Fall to You, releasing in June.

 Review

It's safe to say that I'm not a big fan of love triangles, in fact I actively avoid them. But I am a fan of amnesia stories and Lexi Ryan so I decided that it would be worth it. Boy, was I right! I loved the love triangle in this story. Usually it's so obvious who you 'should' be rooting for, but I was so torn between the sweet Max and the sexy Nate.

Hanna wakes up after an accident and finds she has that 'perfect' life she always wanted. She's engaged to the man of her dreams, has her ideal business and lost the weight that she despises. Although soon, it becomes apparent that everything is not quite as idyllic as it appears.
Hanna is such a sweetheart and I think that she is a great character because she is so darn relatable. She is such a nice-to-the-core person, but she is also riddled with insecurities and has low self-confidence. I wanted her to remember everything and then find the happiness she deserved, but it's not always that simple!

Then we have the two gentleman of the hour- Nate Crane and Max Hallowell. Max is Hanna's dream man and she's known him for most of her life but he's always had eyes for her twin sister- until she wakes up with his ring on her finger. Max is a sweet guy and is devoted to Hanna, so on the surface he seems like the perfect guy. Nate is more of a mystery, it's not apparent exactly what his history and relationship with Hanna is since she doesn't remember him at all. He has the moody, sexy rocker vibe going on and I think he's more of a puzzle to be worked out over the three books.

As I've come to expect from Lexi Ryan's books, this packs one hell of an emotional punch. The plot takes us on all sorts of twists and turns and it certainly kept me surprised. I enjoyed reading scenes from both pre and post accident Hanna, and it helps to fill in some of the gaps in her memory.
I am very excited to read the rest of this series because I have a LOT of questions that I absolutely need answering!

*I received a review copy, for my honest opinion. Thank you!






Fall To You (Here and Now #2)
Author: Lexi Ryan
Release Date: 2 June 2014

Torn between two men…

When I woke up after the accident, I couldn’t remember anything from the last year—including my relationship with Max Hallowell or anything about Nate Crane. Now my memories are returning, but instead of answering my questions, they’re leaving me with more.

The man who broke my heart and wants to be my future…
Max is all I ever wanted, and now he wants to marry me. He’ll do everything he can to fill my life with love, family, and security. I need those things now more than ever. But can I trust him?

The man who stole my heart and wants to let me go…

Nate never made me promises, and I never asked him to. I’d been on the rebound, looking for a distraction, and he made me feel beautiful and wanted when I needed to feel those things most. He says he has to let me go, but what if I can’t let go of him?

With every revelation and every passing day, I feel more like Alice down the rabbit hole. I’m falling. Who will catch me?

Fall to You is the second book in the Here and Now series. It is not a stand-alone and is intended to be read following Lost in Me. Hanna’s story concludes in book three, All for This.

I'll attempt to keep this review as spoiler free as I can, considering it's the second book :)

Review


It is my personal opinion that Lexi Ryan was trying to break me when writing this book. There were times when I had to put the book down and take deep breaths to get a hold of myself because those tears would not stop coming! 

Some of Hanna's memories have returned but with those memories comes more confusion and questions. We again see post and pre accident scenes, but we also see scenes from Max and Nate's perspectives which is perfect! I was dying to get to know these guys better and it definitely works. I have officially decided after two books, that I am Team Nate! He has a haunted past and in my personal opinion he doesn't just love Hanna, he needs her. Although, I am still conflicted because we find out more about Max's motives for some of his actions and his love for Hanna is so apparent in this book. He's a good guy who's made some mistakes in the past and just wants to make up for them.

There are some pretty intense bits in this book. It's emotional and can be devastating at times. This story has grabbed hold of my heart and mind. The characters are so richly developed that you can understand their thoughts and feelings, and feel connected to them. I think that's what makes it so great- I feel so invested in the lives of the characters.

Honestly I have no idea what's going to happen in the next book, especially after the way this one ended! I have some answers but I want more. More Max. More Nate. (Especially more Nate.) I particularly want to know what happened on the day of the accident!
This book gave me a huge book hangover and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I devoured this book and I can't wait to read the final book in the series!

*I received a review copy, for my honest opinion. Thank you!


 photo signature_zpse432d412.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)