Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Blog Tour: Twisted by Emma Chase; Excerpt + Review



Twisted (Tangled #2)
Author: Emma Chase
Publisher: Gallery Books
Release Date: 25 March 2014

There are two kinds of people in the world. The ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I’ve always been more of a looker. Cautious. A planner. That changed after I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself – and of me.

But not all love stories end happily ever after. Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset? Join the club. Now I have to make a choice, the most important of my life. Drew already made his –in fact, he tried to decide for the both of us. But you know that’s just not my style. So I came back to Greenville. Alone. Well, sort of alone....

What I've come to realize is that old habits die hard and sometimes you have to go back to where you began, before you can move ahead.

TWISTED picks up two years after Tangled’s end, and is told from Kate’s POV.
Buy Links:

Excerpt

She stomps forward. Billy moves behind my chair, using me like a human shield.

“Or better yet - would anyone like to explain why my best friend took off from New York like a bat out of hell, leaving behind a shit storm that makes Katrina look like an April fucking shower - and I have no idea why?!”

She takes another step forward and drops her bags to the floor. Then she snaps her head to the right - in the direction of the perky blond teenager standing next to the lockers.

That’s Kimberly. She’s a waitress here. Works after school. She’s seems nice.

And at the moment - terrified.

“Hey Gidget, how about you make yourself useful and get me a diet coke? Don’t scrimp on the ice.” Kimberly flees the room.

Lucky girl.
Delores points at me and yells, like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men, “Well?! You can’t keep me out of the loop, Kate. I am the loop!”

Review

I am a newcomer to the hilarious bandwagon that is the Tangled series, and man am I glad I jumped on board! Tangled was great, but I actually enjoyed this even more.

I loved how well we really get to know Kate in this book, since it's told from her POV. In Tangled we never get to really know her, but that all changes in Twisted. I liked that even though people around her think that she's strong and independent, that's not how she sees herself. We get to know a lot more about her past and her relationship with Billie, and we get to see the rebellious girl she was before she became the business powerhouse she is. 
Drew....ah, Drew. I love Drew, but he has a tendency to act first and think second in some situations. That gets him into trouble, particularly with regard to his relationship with Kate. He's the same Drew you come to love in the first book. He's hot as hell, hilarious, but we also get to see his serious side when he has some making up to do!

The plot left me reeling from some of the turns it takes. It had a tendency to reach right into my chest and grab a hold of my heart. Kate needs time away from Drew to reflect and decide what she wants and needs to do. I absolutely loved Drew and Kate's connection, they have a crazy hot chemistry and Kate is just the woman Drew needs. 

I love Emma Chase's writing style. She writes as if the character is talking to the reader, without losing the story telling aspect. She writes with the perfect combination of humour and heartbreak, so one minute you're laughing out loud and the next you're crying from the character's pain. This is a great sequel to Tangled and I'm excited to read the next book in the series, Tamed, and see how Matt is going to handle a spitfire like Dee Dee!

*I received a review copy from the publisher for my honest opinion. Thank you!

About the Author


By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)