Sunday, 23 March 2014

Mini Review: Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde



Reaper's Property (Reapers MC #1)
Author: Joanna Wylde
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Release Date: 9 January 2013

Marie doesn’t need a complication like Horse. The massive, tattooed, badass biker who shows up at her brother’s house one afternoon doesn’t agree. He wants Marie on his bike and in his bed. Now.

But Marie just left her abusive jerk of an ex-husband and she’s not looking for a new man. Especially one like Horse—she doesn’t know his real name or where he lives, she’s ninety percent certain he’s a criminal and that the “business” he talks with her brother isn’t website design. She needs him out of her life, which would be a snap if he’d just stop giving her mind-blowing orgasms.

Horse is part of the Reapers Motorcycle Club, and when he wants something, he takes it. What he wants is Marie, but she’s not interested in becoming “property of”.

Then her brother steals from the club. Marie can save him by giving Horse what he wants—at home, in public, on his bike… If she’s a very, very good girl, she’ll get lots more of those orgasms only he can offer, and he’ll let her brother live.
Maybe.

Review

With fingers and toes crossed, I took the leap and read my first biker romance. Not a bad decision, at all. I really enjoyed it and frankly, I don't think Horse would have let me be disappointed (hehe).

Horse is all alpha, he takes what he wants. And he wants Marie. Whilst Horse is not the most adept at sharing his feelings, he is certainly strong willed and fiercely dedicated to his MC.
Marie might share those crazy feelings of lust for Horse, but then she's practically forced to leave and become his...I'm not even sure what to call it, in order to save her brother's life. Frankly, her brother was an epic moron and I felt so bad for her that she had to keep trying to protect him. Marie gives as good as she gets and she doesn't take any of Horse's crap, which is good otherwise his forceful personality would have overpowered her entirely.

I read 80% of this with my eyebrows raised, that's what happens when you go from regency to biker romance in one go. I liked it and I was certainly rooting for Marie and Horse to finally figure out their relationship. If you're looking for an insanely hot alpha who lives up to his nickname, then Horse is the man for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)