Sunday, 17 November 2013

Book Review: It Happened Under the Mistletoe by Valerie Bowman



It Happened Under the Mistletoe
Author: Valerie Bowman
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Release Date: 29 October 2013

It Happened Under the Mistletoe is a brand-new holiday novella from award-winning author Valerie Bowman!

When Oliver Townsende escapes to his friend’s house for a Christmas party, he intends to avoid the hordes of marriage-minded misses who have been dogging his steps in London ever since he inherited a dukedom. He soon learns a bit of Yuletide peace and quiet is too much to ask for. When he encounters Miss Cerian Blake, who’s dodging her own unwanted set of admirers, the two decide to join forces and fake an infatuation to keep their suitors at bay. But when a bough of mistletoe becomes involved, will their Christmastime prank turn into a love to last all seasons?

Review



N'awwww, this is a very sweet holiday romance. I really enjoy Valerie Bowman's books, and this is no exception. 

Oliver is charming and handsome, but is struggling with his newly inherited dukedom. The debutantes haunt his every step and he's despairing about whether he could find a wife who would want him for him. I really liked Oliver, he's very sweet and melted my heart.
Cerian is fun, a little bit mischievous and true to herself. She is having a season, but doesn't feel comfortable mingling with the ton, their scrutiny worries her. Cerian is a fun and very likable heroine. And I kind of have to mention that she has my name, which is pretty unusual. So I decided that I was very much the heroine in this!
Oliver and Cerian's relationship is very sweet, but they do their hardest to deny how they feel about each other. They are exactly what the other needs though, and they had a steamy chemistry that they couldn't ignore.

Overall, this is a great Christmas novella. It's short and sweet, with a mysterious cat thrown in for good measure! Exactly what I wanted to read as the holidays get closer, and another fab addition to the Secret Brides series!

*I received a review copy from the publisher, via NetGalley, for my honest review. Thank you!


Because reading is better than real life

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)