Friday, 6 September 2013

Book Review: Incomplete by Lindy Zart



Incomplete
Author: Lindy Zart
Publication Date: 6 September 2013

There are three absolute truths in Grayson Lee’s life:

1. His existence was a mistake.

2. No one is good enough for his best friend, Lily Jacobs, especially not him.

3. He loves her anyway.

My review



Gah, what an emotional rollercoaster! I went through every emotion throughout this story, and I loved it!

Grayson has always felt rejected and unwanted, something brought on by his parents' constant fighting and his mother's destructive drinking. If it wasn't for Lily, Grayson would have been lost to his pain. He's always loved Lily but he doesn't feel good enough for her, so he's determined to keep their friendship platonic. But he is also eaten up with jealousy at the thought of Lily being with anyone else. He has a real artist's soul and loses himself in his music- music and Lily are his two loves. I loved how passionate and intense Grayson was. He's also utterly selfless, he never does anything for himself and always puts Lily and his little brother, Aidan, first.

Lily is exactly the type of sunny, optimistic girl Grayson needs. She's always there for silent comfort and unquestioned friendship. Even when he pushes her away, she pulls him back to her. She sees the amazing person he is and the potential he has. She pushes him to realise that potential and refuses to let him throw away his dreams, no matter what.

There's a great build up to allow us an in-depth insight into Grayson and Lily's friendship, and we can see just how close they are and how much Grayson needs Lily.
They have a special connection that comes from two souls finding their match. Their close friendship becomes a sweet and passionate romance. But do all good things come to an end?

I was giddy when they finally kissed and squealed in happiness. Then I was crying on the train because I needed them to realise how much they deserve to be together and how right they are together. I seriously was put through the wringer with this!
Each character is so well-developed that I felt like I knew them personally, and it meant that I could feel their pain. This is alternately heart-wrenching and heart-warming, and occupied my heart and mind thoroughly. I am already incredibly impatient for book 2, Complete, so I can experience the rest of Lily and Grayson's amazing journey!

*I received an ARC from the author, for my honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)