Friday, 16 August 2013

Book Review: Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning



Wicked Beat
Author: Olivia Cunning
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication Date: 6 August 2013

From the moment he lays eyes on Sinners’ new front of house soundboard operator, drummer Eric Sticks knows he has to make Rebekah his. Unfortunately, she’s too busy trying to seduce guitarist Trey Mills to pay him much attention. Rebekah never planned to fall for the tall, goofy drummer with the weird sense of humor and a heart the size of the galaxy. But Eric makes her laugh and his constant attention makes her feel sexy and irresistible–exactly what she needs after the things her last lover said to her. A woman who gives as much as she takes, Rebekah makes Eric feel like a total stud–exactly what he needs after surviving a decade of watching the incredibly talented members of Sinners from the wings.

My Review



This was the first book I've read by Olivia Cunning, and the first I've read in this series. I have officially been missing out on life! This totally rocked my socks off.

Rebekah's managed to score an awesome job, covering for her brother as the front of house soundboard operator for rock band Sinners. She wants to feel sexy again, and sets her sights on the ridiculously hot guitarist, Trey. But Eric, Sinners' drummer, wants Reb from the moment he sees her- they even have matching blue hair!

Rebekah needs to feel wanted and irresistible, her ex said some pretty harsh things to her, even if he didn't mean them cruelly. She's been through a lot, and has survived cancer. She's also incredibly sweet, and fun!
I fell in love with Eric immediately. He's a goofball, with a love of bad puns and worse jokes. But he also sounds incredibly delicious. He's not the perfect book boyfriend you find so often, he's not as, ahem, controlled in bed as book guys usually are, and this just endeared him to me even more. He has his insecurities and his sad past, but he has such a huge heart and is just so bloody sweet.

I loved Rebekah and Eric's relationship, it's fun and playful, but also passionate and intense. Their sex scenes were just awesome, some were fun and all of them were incredibly erotic. I also thought the way they worked through their issues together was fab....and very hot, of course!

I loved the dynamics in the band and seeing the friendships between the members of Sinners, it was great to get a bit of each of their stories. It's made me very excited to read the previous books in the series!
My hackles were raised by Rebekah's mother, and ex-fiancee, Isaac, but everything was resolved to my satisfaction.

Olivia Cunning had me at hummina hummina hummina. I'm not kidding, that's my favourite phrase, EVER. Also, I've got to mention that amazing cover, so gorgeous!
I hate that it's taken me until now to discover Olivia Cunning's books, but I can't wait to sink my teeth into her previous books. If they have even a fraction of the erotic and intense romance I found in Wicked Beat, I'll be happy!

*I received a review copy from the publisher, via NetGalley, for my honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)