Saturday, 31 August 2013

Book Review: Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters



Tears of Tess
Author: Pepper Winters
Publication Date: 28 August 2013

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”

Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility.

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.
But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror.

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?

My Review




Holy crappola. I loved this book. I don't read things as dark as this usually, but I was sucked in by the blurb and couldn't wait to get started. And I was not disappointed.

Tess has a loving boyfriend, Brax, and they have an easy and safe relationship. She struggles with their vanilla sex life and tries to hide the wicked desires she has. On a romantic holiday to Mexico, the worst happens- Tess is kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen and sold like an object, not a human. She is flown to France, and delivered into the hands of her new master, Q. 

My heart just bled for Tess at times, and at others I was cheering her on. Her emotions were all over the place, and I couldn't blame her one bit! Q speaks to her darkest desires, but at the same time she hates him for being her 'owner'. She's strong and she's a fighter, something that she needs so she won't be broken. She becomes a different person, than the girl that was stolen, she becomes a fighter. Every hit she takes seems to make her that bit stronger, strong enough that she can become his. 

'Je suis à toi.'

Q was such an enigma, you can see the battle that rages inside him. He has dark desires, he wants to break Tess and ruin her, but he fights the urges constantly. She seems to bring out the worst in him, and you can see that he resents her for it. Q is unraveled slowly throughout the story and we finally start to piece the puzzle he is together. Is he monster, master or lover? I'll leave that for you to figure out!

‘He opened my cage and allowed me to fly. I can’t stop it if my freedom is here.’

And the epilogue told from Q's perspective is awesome. Everything seemed to slot into place.

I was drawn into the twisted relationship between Tess and Q immediately and struggled to put it down. I sobbed like a baby, and cried with happiness. I was blown away by this painful and gut wrenching story that is darkly delicious. And it's Pepper's debut! Basically, I freaking loved it. I am SO excited for Quintessentially!!!!

*I received an ARC from the author, for my honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)