Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Book Review: Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed




Surrender Your Love
Author: J.C. Reed
Publish Date: 11 March 2013

Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.

Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, doesn't do relationships. When she’s sent to a remote estate to finalize a real estate deal, she discovers her new boss is no other than the guy she left naked in bed.
Sexy, dangerously handsome, and arrogant Jett Mayfield attracts trouble, and women, like a lightning rod. But the night he meets Brooke he gets more than he bargained for. The green-eyed millionaire playboy isn't used to taking no for an answer, and he isn't about to start now.

When he proposes two months of no strings sex, Brooke is intrigued and accepts his proposal. Little does she know Jett's determined to claim the one woman he can’t have, pulling her deeper into his dangerous world.

A man who doesn't take 'no' for an answer.A woman afraid to surrender to love.Two lives that are about to cross...and secrets laid bare.

My Review 






Loved it. A lot of the time I avoid this sort of story, where the couple starts off as a purely sexual relationship, but I was drawn to the blurb and I am so happy I did read this!

Brooke is meant to have a meeting with big time property mogul, Mayfield. But Jett Townsend turns up as his replacement, and a pissed off Brooke leaves him there. 
When she's hired by the mysterious Mayfield and sent to Italy for her first job, she's completely shocked to find Jett is actually Jett Mayfield- her new boss. And a guy she left naked in bed a few days before. Oh dear.
The sexual chemistry between Jett and Brooke is blazing, and Jett proposes they indulge in their attraction in order to be able to work together properly. It's not long before both of them want more from their relationship. 
Unfortunately Jett's been keeping secrets from Brooke about the job they've been working on. And these secrets include her, personally.

Jett is just so incredibly drool-worthy, who doesn't love green eyes and a sculpted body?! He's the epitome of the self-assured bad boy, and it appears I am a massive sucker for that! You can tell that he's had a rough past, although we are yet to discover exactly what that means, and he does genuinely fall in love with Brooke. I can't wait to really dig under the surface of Jett in the next book.

Brooke is great, she's strong but she's guarded and has a troubled past. She also isn't really into relationships, so when Jett proposes no-strings attached smoking hot sex, she goes with it, thinking she can protect her heart. But she falls hard for Jett. I liked that when she found out what it was that Jett had been hiding, she didn't weep and crumble- no, she got spitting mad.

I loved their time in Italy, it was hot and passionate, and I was so excited when they decided to give their relationship a real try.
I didn't see the twist coming at all, I knew something was up, but I was pretty shocked! I can not wait to read book 2, Conquer Your Love! I'm dying to know what exactly is going on, and what is so dangerous!
J.C. Reed manages to mix red hot sex with mystery and emotion, for an awesome combo. 

*I received a review copy from the author, in exchange for my honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)