Sunday, 5 May 2013

Novella Review: Ten Reasons to Stay by Sabrina Jeffries





Ten Reasons to StayAuthor: Sabrina Jeffries
Format: E-Book (97 pages)
Publisher: Pocket Star
Publish Date: 6 May 2013
A delightful e-Novella from New York Times bestselling author Sabrina Jeffries about a young woman who learns that you can’t learn about love from a textbook.
In "Ten Reasons to Stay," previously published in the anthology The School for Heiresses, lessons go far beyond etiquette and needlepoint. Eliza Crenshawe's lesson is to look before she leaps. But when she discovers that her new guardian plans to marry her off without so much as a Season, she forgets all that. She flees—on a horse she unwittingly steals (oops!)—from Colin Hunt, a newly minted earl who wants nothing more than for her to go home…or stay forever.
My Review:







I was very eager to read this novella, because I'm a fan of Sabrina Jeffries and have read most of the books in the School for Heiresses series. It definitely didn't disappoint.

I was really surprised at how well paced this novella was and how it seemed to pack in an exciting and eventful story, without rushing sections. Definitely hard to pull off when it comes to a novella, but Sabrina Jeffries did it with aplomb! (On a side note, I seriously love the word aplomb)

Colin is a fabulous hero, a bit dangerous and brooding but an honourable man. He's half-Indian, half-English which is a nice change and something different. The spark between him and Eliza was instantaneous and electric, I loved their chemistry!
Eliza was also super, she was so likeable. She's funny, brave and determined- everything you want in a heroine.
I loved all the little 'Gothic novel' references, they made me chuckle.

Overall, this is a fab little novella. It's a quick read, and also a great introduction to new Sabrina Jeffries readers.

*I received an eARC from the publisher, via NetGalley for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read. I love multicultural characters and purple covers are one of my weakness :P

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)