Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Book Review: Femme Fatale by Cindy Dees





Femme Fatale
Author: Cindy Dees
Format: E-book (150 pages)
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, Brazen
Publish Date: 23 April 2013
Former teen star Olivia Harper has a problem. If she can’t shake her girl-next-door image and become the femme fatale her latest role requires, her career will flop. But with her squeaky-clean image, Liv's hardly been kissed, let alone had her world rocked between the sheets. There’s no way she’ll ask her playboy co-star for pointers, so she turns to the sexy new military consultant for some discreet…guidance.
Major Blake Ramsey is stuck hiding out babysitting actors who can’t even lace their combat boots, until his boss can deal with the fallout from his last mission. When Liv propositions him, he can’t decide whether she’s the na├»ve girl she claims to be or a bombshell looking for another conquest.But as the lessons heat up, Blake and Olivia catch the eye of the paparazzi and jeopardize both their lives...
My Review:





I thought that the premise for this book sounded very intriguing. I enjoy the odd book set in the movie world and, in my eyes, it's hard to go amiss with a hunky marine!

The book fell a little short of my expectations unfortunately  I enjoyed it but there were definitely some elements that stopped me from liking it more.

I liked the main characters. Olivia's spent most of her acting career on a teen show, with a squeaky clean image. Now she needs to shed that image if she wants to become a badass action star. The movie she's filming has some hot love scenes, and Olivia has practically no experience, so she needs some help. I liked Olivia's innocence, despite the fact that she's 26.
I also liked Blake. He's a hot marine trying to lie low by working as a consultant on Olivia's movie. He was protective and kind of dominant, but he was very considerate as well.
Olivia and Blake has fab chemistry, and the love scenes were smoking hot! Like seriously....wowsers.

My biggest issue (and I'll try not to give too much away) is Jeremy, Olivia's co-star. I get it, he's meant to be a massive jerk. But some of the things he did were completely unbelievable, and that dude should have been straight to jail- but no, people get annoyed...and then that's it!
Also, Blake is meant to be lying low and avoiding Russian spies by working as the consultant. Yet...why would you send him to a high profile movie set? It doesn't seem that plausible, you'd expect he would be sent to a safe house or somewhere remote. Although, I did quite enjoy the added danger element of Russian spies.

Despite the few factors that bugged me, Femme Fatale does grab your interest and keep you turning the pages for more. The steaminess was most welcome, almost bordering on erotica at points. And once their romance was underway it was sweet and I was rooting for their Hollywood HEA!

*I received an eARC from the publisher, via NetGalley, for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good read but I think I would get annoyed with some of the parts as well. I always laugh when I read a book that I find unbelievable... considering I love dragon shifter stories. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm the same. There's just a few bits that were a little bit unbelievable. But I'll read a paranormal, and I'm like yep- that happens lol

      Delete

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)