Thursday, 16 May 2013

Book Review: A Family Affair by Jennifer Wenn





A Family Affair
Author: Jennifer Wenn
Format: E-book
Publish Date: 25 March 2013
Blurb from Amazon:
Lady Francesca Darling has been in love with Devlin Ross, the Duke of Hereford, since she was five years old. When they meet again at her debutante ball she finds her feelings remain the same, and to her joy he is mesmerized by her. To the gossipy matrons of the ton it's the perfect match--the richest heiress and the most eligible bachelor.But can their budding love survive her interfering family and the deep scars from his father's abuse? Enchanted as he is with the delightful woman Fanny has become, Devlin intends never to repeat that abuse, vowing not to live with his wife and children.
Fanny is a determined young lady -- she wants Devlin and a true marriage. Is her love strong enough to tear down all his walls?
My Review:








I thoroughly enjoyed A Family Affair, Jennifer Wenn's debut novel!
Lady Francesca Darling, Fanny, had a childhood crush on Devlin Ross, her Uncle's best friend. When she meets him again years later, the sparks are flying and the connection is instantaneous. Before long, Devlin's courting Fanny and everything seems perfect. But Devlin had a terrible childhood, suffering from years of mental and emotional abuse, and he's determined that Fanny and their children will be happier without him around.

Fanny was incredibly likeable, she's a lot of fun. She is very unaffected and loyal. She also has a great self-confidence that stems from the amazing family surrounding her. I loved the way the author writes about them, they're clearly a very close-knit and loving family. You get a feel for most of the different members of the family, especially Rake. Rake and Penelope (Fanny's friend) will be getting their own story, which I'm so looking forward to!! Also, there's so many awesome characters that could have their own stories.
Devlin's a swoon-worthy hero. He has quite conflicting ideas, he acts very assertive and self-assured but he has so little confidence in himself as a person- he whole-heartedly believes that his future children would be happier without his influence and presence in their lives.
I swung between wanting to hit some sense in to the man, and my heart aching for him!

Also, their first kiss had me swooning, it was just incredibly passionate and romantic.

A Family Affair has everything a great romance needs to keep you hooked from start to finish- a feisty heroine, a delicious hero, fabulous secondary characters, plenty of conflicts and twists, and a satisfying HEA. Jennifer Wenn's writing combines humour, with plenty of emotion and passion. 
I'm looking forward to reading more from this author, in the future. I can't wait to read Penelope and Rake's story in Never Had a Dream Come True- seriously I can't think of anyone who deserves their happy ending more than Penelope!

*I received a copy of the book from the author, in exchange for my honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I will have to put this on my wishlist!!! I do love a satisfying romance.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)