Thursday, 18 April 2013

Book Review: The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After by Julia Quinn

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After
Author: Julia Quinn
Format: Paperback & E-book (384 pages)
Publisher: Avon (US) or Piatkus (UK)
Publish Date: 2 April 2013


Once upon a time, a historical romance author created a family . . .

But not just any family. Eight brothers and sisters, assorted in-laws, sons and daughters, nieces and nephews (not to mention an overweight corgi) plus an irrepressible matriarch who's a match for any of them . . . These are the Bridgertons: less a family than a force of nature. Through eight bestselling novels, readers laughed, cried, and fell in love. But they wanted more.

And so the readers asked the author . . .

What happens next? Does Simon ever read his father's letters? Do Francesca and Michael become parents? Who would win in a Pall Mall grudge match?

Does "The End" really have to be the end?

Now, with The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After, Julia Quinn delivers eight sexy, funny, and heartwarming "2nd Epilogues" plus a bonus story about none other than the wise and witty matriarch Violet Bridgerton herself. So get to know the Bridgertons all over again—because Happily Ever After is a whole lot of fun.

My Review:







I didn't expect anything other than to love this book! I've devoured all of Julia Quinn's books over the years, and the Bridgertons have a special place in my heart. They're easily my favourite book family.

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After has a 2nd epilogue for each of the books, and includes a novella for the wonderful Violet Bridgerton. I've previously read the 2nd epilogues but I was excited for Violet's story!

I won't mention all of the epilogues- I'll end up babbling more than normal! Some of the stories give us a little peek in to the future of each couple, and some answer questions we had.
The Viscount Who Loved Me's 2nd epilogue was my favourite. The iconic Pall Mall match is brilliant in the original book, and I was not disappointed with this rematch- hilarious!
I loved that the 2nd epilogue for An Offer From A Gentleman gave us Posy's story. Posy deserved to have her own story, after suffering for so long with her cruel mother and sister; and I was grinning away when she got her happy ending!
Gregory and Lucy's story in the 8th epilogue was pretty heart-wrenching, I was praying that everything would turn out alright.
I loved finding out Eloise's reaction to the identity of Lady Whistledown- I definitely felt that was missing when I read the books, so I was happily satisfied.

Overall, they were all fab little glimpses into the Bridgertons' lives. I'd recommend this even if you haven't read the previous books.

Julia Quinn managed to make me laugh and cry, an impressive feat considering the length of each little story. I can understand why someone unfamiliar with the Bridgerton books wouldn't love it as much as I did. But for me, it was the perfect way to end the series. 

2 comments:

  1. I also loved this one too, I just love the Bridgertons!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome! Is it too much to ask for a spin off series with some of their children? lol

      Delete

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)