Author: Pepper Winters
Release Date: 7 March 2014
Tour organised by As the Pages Turn
She has a secret.
I’m complicated. Not broken or ruined or running from a past I can’t face. Just complicated.
I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn't realized how far I could fall or what I'd do to get free.
He has a secret.
I’ve never pretended to be good or deserving. I chase who I want, do what I want, act how I want.
I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had no right to lust after. I told myself to shut up and stay hidden. But then she tried to run. I’d tasted what she could offer me and damned if I would let her go.
One secret destroys them.
Excerpts“You didn’t say anything about bondage.”
He shook his head. “It isn’t bondage. It’s protection.”
Fear thickened as I looked into his eyes. “Protection? From what?”
He stood, his colourless gaze ripping me bare. “Me.” --HAZEL
For weeks I’d wanted to see Fox naked. I’d wanted to understand what he kept hidden. But now he stood before me and I wanted to shut my eyes.
He didn’t need to verbalize his story. It lived in his skin, engraved into muscles, and imprinted into flesh. .--HAZEL
Top 5 favorite anti-heroes and why?Oh, good question.
Alright, my top 5 anti-heros would have to be:
- Caleb from Dark Duet. He’s tortured and delicious and just a little bit broken. But beneath it all, he can change for the right woman.
- Anthony from Consequences. I love how threating he is, all while being so cultured. You never quite know what he’s going to do.
- Master Aiden from Her Master’s Courtesan. He’s the total anti-hero. Not redeemable at all. But he’s still tempting and strong.
- Sculpt from Torn From You. He’s the complete package wrapped up in one tempting bow
- I’ll have to say Q from my own books The Monsters in the Dark. I love how dangerous he is to the wrong people